onsdag 29. mars 2023

Who do you say that I am?

Matt 16:13 When Jesus came into the coasts of Cæsarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am? 14And they said, Some say that thou art John the Baptist: some, Elias; and others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets. 15He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am? 16And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.



THere are so many different opinions of Jesus. Even today. Some even say he never existed. So Jesus wants to know, who do we say that he is. Not only who do we think he is, or who do we believe he is. But who do we SAY that he is. Shall we allow everyone else to make claims who they believe he is, and we remain silent?
There are so many misunderstandings and so much misrepresentations of who Jesus is, so he asks his church, his people and his children: Who do you say that I am?
Jesus sent us out to be his witnesses. So the question is: What kind of witness am I? Am I a trustworthy witness? Will people believe my report of Jesus when they listen to me? Do they find me trustworthy?
What is my life saying about Jesus? Who do I say Jesus is by the life I live? What is my attitude testifying about Jesus?
My prayer today is this: Jesus help me to be a trustworthy witness. Help me to be a voice in this world that testifies who you are. Let my life, attitude and responds to situations be a good witness about who you are. Let it reflect your love, patience, piece and Joy. So when I testify that you are indeed God revealed in flesh, people will believe my witness.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar