torsdag 18. april 2019

If God be for us...

 Judges 6:13And Gideon said unto him, Oh my Lord, if the LORD be with us, why then is all this befallen us? and where be all his miracles… 

 

 

Rom 8:31What shall we then say to these things? If God befor us, who can be against us?




In these two verses, we see two opposite responses to a Biblical truth. The Biblical truth is that God is for us. In the first verse we see Gideon’s response to this truth, and in the second verse, we see Paul’s response to the same truth. Gideon’s response is; if God is for me, then WHY am I going through what I am going through? Why am I suffering trials and hardships? If God is for me, then where is all the miracles? Isn’t he supposed to give me miracles if he is for me? 

 

Paul on the other hand has a complete opposite response. He claims, if God is for me, then who can be against me. He felt that none of the pain, trials or storms in life could be against him as long as he knew God was for him. He later list up things as tribulation, distress, persecution, famine, nakedness, peril, sword etc etc, and states that none of these things shall be able to separate him from the love of God. 

 

What is your response to the truth that God is for you? Is it a list of all the why’s, and all the where’s? Is it a long list of expectations if God is for you? Or is it complete trust in that ALL things will work together for the good, because God is for me? 

 

You see, all we really need to know is that God is FOR us. As long as he is for us, all things will work out in the end. Just trust and rest in the truth that he is for you!

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar