onsdag 10. april 2019

The gift and blessing you lost

 Matt 13:12  For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath.


 

This is a strange verse that I for many years have struggled to understand the meaning of. How can you loose something you don’t have? Seems impossible to risk loosing something you didn’t have in the first place? But today God revealed something to me. The fact that you don’t have anything is a testimony that you are not blessed, and the reason you are not blessed is because of choices you made yesterday. That means that what you loose is the blessings that should have come tomorrow because the right choices you make today.  There are blessings waiting for us in the future that we still have not seen. God knows about them of course, and it these blessings Jesus are talking about. The things you loose that you don’t (yet) have are the blessings you should have received tomorrow.

 

Two years ago I was going to celebrate Christmas with a client and her family. I was on duty Christmas eve. One week before Christmas, I threw a snowball on her, and she reminded met hat Santa was watching me. She said I just lost a present. So, on Christmas eve I had the honor (as the Norwegian custom is) to read and deliver all the presents. On one of the gifts, it said: To Pastor from Santa. With excitement I opened the gift, only to see it was empty. Then she laughed and said: Thats the gift you lost!!

This story illustrates what I am trying to say. There are gifts and blessings waiting for us that we will never see or know about because we don’t live in the blessings of God. Don’t let the enemy steal you blessings, but receive a love for truth, and walk in the faith of him that can give you life, and that more abundantly. 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar