lørdag 27. april 2019

MORE JOY

 Luk 15:7 I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent.


It doesn't say heaven is not rejoicing over the righteous, who doesn’t need to repent. Of course Heaven rejoices when we live and do right. It only says that there is MORE joy when a sinner repents. God was happy and proud over David when he in spite of being rejected by his family wrote Psalms and loved God in the wilderness.  I am sure there was joy in Heaven when David slew Goliath. I am sure Heaven rejoiced, when they noticed David serve and sing for the King that hated him, and wanted to kill him. Likewise I believe there was joy in heaven when David refused to kill the King he knew God had rejected and the persecuted him. However, there was MORE joy in heaven when David repented after committing adultery and killing the husband to hide it. When he showed true repentance and showed a broken contrary heart. There was MORE joy in heaven when David in his repentance penned the words of Psalm 51: “10Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. 11Do not cast me from your presence or take your Holy Spirit from me.12Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me.” 

 

Sometimes when we have messed up and disappointed ourselves and those around us, we are shameful and reluctant to approach God. But if we truly repent, and cry out to God, we bring more joy to heaven than all our victories combined. The only thing Heaven fears are that we remain down. But that’s when we need to tell Hell: Rejoice NOT against me my enemies. If I fall, I SHALL arise, and bring MORE joy to heaven. 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar