onsdag 19. desember 2018

A willing God

Matt 8:2And, behold, there came a leper and worshipped him, saying, Lord, if thou wilt, thou canst make me clean.
3And Jesus put forth his hand, and touched him, saying, I will; be thou clean. And immediately his leprosy was cleansed.


If you will, you can… He knew Jesus was able. There was no question of Jesus being able to heal. There was no doubt about the power of Jesus. No the question was if Jesus was willing. For if Jesus was willing, he knew he could do it.
I believe that’s the issue for many Christians today. They know and believe he has the power to heal. But we are not so certain about his willingness. Jesus settled the question for this man, when he said; I WILL, be though clean.
The Psalmist says it like this: “Psalm 73:1Truly God is good to Israel, even to such as are of a clean heart. 2But as for me…”
In other words, I know and believe God is good and willing for everyone else. Those that has a clean heart. BUT as for me… I am not so sure about me. It’s not God I am doubting. Its not Gods power I am doubting. Not even his goodness. No, it is myself I doubt. I don’t think I deserve it. I don’t think I am good enough. I don’t think I am clean enough. 
When Jesus met the woman at the well, he said: If you knew the gift of God, and if you knew who talked to you, you would have asked and he WOULD have given you living water. The reason you don’t receive it is not that I am not willing, nor that I don’t have the power. It is because you don’t ask. And the reason you don’t ask is because you don’t know me. I am a WILLING God. Just ask, and is SHALL be given. Knock and it SHALL be opened up. Because I am able, and I am willing.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar