lørdag 29. desember 2018

Three levels of Christian living

In our Christian walk there are three levels of living. One level leads to the other. It is Gods intention we grow in our relationship with him, and reach the next level of lifing. These levels are:


Level 1) Servants. 
1 Cor 4:1 “Let a man so account of us, as of the ministers of Christ, and stewards of the mysteries of God. 2Moreover it is required in stewards, that a man be found faithful.”
In this level we do what is required of us. This is the least level you can ever be. There are certain things that are required of us. Repenting is required. To be baptized in Jesus name is required. Receiving the Holy Ghost is required. 

Level 2) Friends
John 15:14  “Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.
15  Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends…”
If we are faithful as servants, he will reveal his will to us, and we can do what is expected. As friends there are certain things that are expected. It may not be required, but it is expected. As friends, we seek to find his will. And as our friend, he reveals his will to us.

Level 3) Spouse
2 Cor 11:2 “For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.”
The highest level of Christian living is to live like his spouse. To be in love and do what we do not because it is required of us. We do what we do, not because it is expected of us. We do it because we LOVE him. People that are on love do the unexpected. We surprise our loved ones with things they did not expect. My goal is not only to get to heaven. Its not only to do what is expected of me as a good Christian. I want to do the unexpected. Because I am in LOVE… 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar