lørdag 22. desember 2018

Looking unto Jesus

James 3:16 For where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work.


When you focus on others, you will be envious. The Psalmist said it like this in Psalm 73:3 ”For I was envious at the foolish, when I saw the prosperity of the wicked.”
When I focused on the wicked, I became envious. Envy comes when you focus on others. And the next it brings is confusion. The Psalmist was confused. Why does everything seemingly go so easy and well for the wicked? 
The word strife here is translated self-seeking in the Norwegian Bible. “NIV” uses selfish ambitions. Self-seeking, or selfish ambitions comes when you focus on yourself. And when you focus on yourself, you will be confused. How am I going to make it? Do I really have what it takes?
Envy (looking on others) and self-seeking (looking on yourself) brings confusion and evil work. So what do I do? I do what Heb 12:2 says: “Looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith. So stop looking on others, and stop looking to yourself. Instead, lift up your eyes, and focus on Jesus. Then you will not be confused.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar