søndag 30. desember 2018

Three levels of sin

2 Cor 7:10For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death.


I remember I learned in sundayschool about sin, that its like a triangle in a cirkle. When you sin, the triangle turns. The sharp edges on the three corners cut to the side of the cirkle. But turn the triangle many times, and the edges gets round like the cirkle its in, and you become num to the sin.

In my teenage years, I backslid, and remember every night I went to bed, I felt remorse, repented, and asked for forgiveness. The next day I did the same thing again and again. Until one night, I didn’t feel anything. I then remembered this analogy from Sunday school. You see in the beginning, you sin, and naturally know something is wrong. Your conscious hits you, and you feel bad.  But if you then continue, there is yet another level of sin. Romans says this about this level of sin: Rom 1:32Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them…

As I see it there is three levels of sin
1)    Sin and you know its wrong, and feel bad about it
2)     Sin and you don’t really care, and feel nothing about it

3)     Sin and demand respect for it

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar