torsdag 20. desember 2018

Fear not

Luk 1:30But the angel said to her, “Do not be afraid, Mary; you have found favor with God.



The Christmas story in the Bible is full of the phrase ”Fear not”. First we find the angel telling Zacharias, fear not, for your prayer is heard. Then the angel told the shepherds; fear not, for I bring you good tidings. Mary was told not to fear, for she had found favor or grace with God. The angel said Joseph should not be afraid for the one to be born should save his people from their sins. This good tidings, was for ALL the people. The message of "fear not" is not just for Mary and Joseph. It is not only for Zechariahs or for the Shepherds. It is for all the people. Why should we not be afraid? Because we have found grace in the sight of God, and our sins have been forgiven. 

I have read and heard many times that the phrase “fear not” is in the Bible 365 times, so there will be one for each day. I am afraid that is a myth. But one thing I know is in the Bible, and that is that his mercy and grace is new every morning. The angel told Mary fear not, for you have found favor / grace in the sight of God. We know the reason for her to not be afraid was that she had found grace. We also know that grace is new EVERY morning. That is why we know that there is a FEAR NOT for every day, even though it is not listed 365 times. If the Bible tells me that I don’t have to fear, because his grace is new every day, I don’t need it repeated 365 times. Every day I wake up to a brand new grace, so that every day I can wake up with a fear not.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar