lørdag 28. april 2018

Fulfilling Jesus prayer in John 17

Joh 17:22 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:

I have heard this verse referred to so many times. Let us fulfill the prayer request of Jesus. Let be One. Let us get together and forget about our differences. Don’t worry about our doctrinal differences. Most important is that we love Jesus.
But is it really that what Jesus are saying?
Jesus said: that they may be one even as we are one. The question then is this: How was Jesus and the Father one? By compromise? No, Jesus and the Father was one, because Jesus as a man, had completely surrendered his will to the Father. He said, not my will be done, but yours be done. He said that the words I speak is not my own, but the Fathers word. He said I only do what I see the Father do. I am completely ONE with the Father.
If we shall be one like that, it starts by submitting our will to HIM. It starts by crucifying the flesh. It starts by making sure HIS WORDS are our words. That is the opposite of compromising it.
When we do that we become one. Then we can say we are in ONE accord.

Getting together and not be in one accord is only making noise. Its like hitting all the strings of a guitar without making an accord. Its only noise. But when we are tunes in together in harmony as the Master decides, we make beautiful sound.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar