tirsdag 3. april 2018

I shall not be moved

Acts 20: 22And now, behold, I go bound in the spirit unto Jerusalem, not knowing the things that shall befall me there:
23Save that the Holy Ghost witnesseth in every city, saying that bonds and afflictions abide me.
24But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God.

Have you ever been at the Castle in Oslo and seen the Guards? It is the same at the Tomb of the unknown soldier in USA. The Guards are marching back and forth, and standing unmoved, and unaffected. They stand in rain, and they stand in cold weather. Sometimes down to -20 C in the winter, and up to +30 C in the summer. They are not affected by anyone trying to talk to them, or disturb them. They will not receive anything from you, whether it be money or food. If you offer them drink at a hot summer day, they will refuse. That is to say: They will most likely not even respond. To them you are air. They are unaffected by you.

Paul knew he was on his way to afflictions in Jerusalem, maybe even death. But he said: None of these things move me. They will not change my mind. Come whatever comes, I have a job to do. I have a ministry to fulfill. I am unmovable. I am unchangeable.


When Peter walked on water, the storms and the waves tried to take his eyes away from Jesus. When he moved his eyes from Jesus to the storm, he sank. We need to make up our minds like Paul. Nothing shall move me. Not any storm, Not any waves. Not any trials, or temptations. My eyes are on Jesus. My mission is to guard the truth. My goal is to reach the lost. To this I am committed. Just like the tree standing by the waters: I SHALL NOT BE MOVED

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar