onsdag 18. april 2018

The Word and the Voice

John 1:14And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us

John 1:23He said, I am the voice of one crying in the wilderness, Make straight the way of the Lord, as said the prophet Esaias.

John 1:30This is he of whom I said, After me cometh a man which is preferred before me: for he was before me.

Jesus was the Word, and John the Baptist was the voice. The voice said about the word: He is coming after me, but he was before me. John also said, he (the Word) shall increase, and I shall decrease. How is this to be understood? Well, first of all that Jesus ministry followed Johns ministry, even though his ministry in reality started long before John. And Jesus was also born after John, even though as God he was before him.


But another interesting fact is this: The word comes after the voice. The first you hear is the voice, as the sound waves hits your ears. But after the sound is silenced the word remains in your mind. That’s why I (the voice) shall decrease, but he (the Word) shall increase. But even before the voice said the words, the words were first in the mind. Thus, he was before me. The word was before the voice, and the word will remain after the voice.

That is how I want my ministry to be. Less of me, and more of him. Its not the voice that is important. Without the word, its only noise. IT has no meaning. So are we without Christ. Meaningless.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar