torsdag 12. april 2018

When NO is the answer


2 Cor 12:8For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me.
9And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness.

Paul prayed three times for God to remove the Thorn in his flesh. We don’t know what it was, but we know the answer was no. Instead God said, my grace is sufficient for you. In the same way, Jesus prayed in the garden for the cup to be removed. But again the answer was no. Esther asked the King to reverse the law that was placing the whole Jewish population at risk, but the answer was no, that is impossible.
Sometimes the answer from God is no. There are just some battles we must face. There are some cups we must drink, and some thorns we must endure. But Gods promise is still reliable. His grace is enough for us. Even though he don’t always remove the battles, he promises us victories. If he doesn’t take the Giant away, he helps us to conquer it. If he don’t remove the mountain, he helps us to climb it. And if he doesn’t save us from the fiery furnace, he goes in it with us. If we must go through the valley of the shadow of death, he promised, I am WITH you. My rod and my staff will comfort you
you. 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar