tirsdag 8. januar 2019

Are you available for him?

Is 50:2Wherefore, when I came, was there no man? when I called, was there none to answer? 


We like to quote Jesus words, where two or three are gathered in my name, I will be in their midst. We like to remind God of his promise that he will hear us when we pray. We want God to show up when we need him, and we want him to hear us when we call. But have we ever thought of the other way around? Have we ever thought of the possibility that he tries to reach us, or that he wants us to show up to his agenda? What kind of relationship do we have with our God if it’s all about our needs, and our schedule? Here we read about God asking where we are when he comes? Have we set the boundaries where God can show up, or when we can talk?

I know some people using their cellphone this way. They only pick it up when THEY need to talk, or when THEY need to reach me. But when I need to reach them, its not so important. That makes me feel that their time, and their need is more important than mine. My idea of a cellphone is to be “connected” and available in case someone needs me. In earlier time, we had to stay by the phone in order for people to reach us. Before it was like that with God. The only place we could reach him was at the Temple, or Tabernacle. But now we can bring the connection with us where ever we are. But that also means that God should be able to reach us whenever he need us also. Let us bring our “phone” and connection with us where ever we are, and let him know, I am right here when you need me. And I will come to where you want me. YOUR Kingdom come. YOUR will be done. 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar