fredag 25. januar 2019

Dont worry, be happy

Psalm 37:25I have been young, and now am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread.


King Harald of Norway was operated for cancer many years ago. In an interview he was asked if he was afraid that the cancer would come back. I cannot go around worrying for that, the King answered. I leave that to the Doctors. Later he was asked if he was worried about the increasing terror threat. Again his reply was no, I cannot go around being worried for that. I leave that for the Police and the intelligence service. If I should think about that, I couldn’t sleep at night. In that way, if it should happen some day, I will at least be rested. 
How wise his reply was. Let us use our energy on the real crisis. Let us rest while we can, so when the storm comes against us, we are on top, and not on the bottom.
How many times haven’t I wasted a perfect day or a perfect week worrying for an exam that went well, or for bills I ended up paying anyway. When God gives me the solution, or help, I always ask myself, why did I worry so much? I wasted this whole week. If I only knew from the beginning, I could have used this time and energy so much better, focusing on other thing.

The Psalmist makes it clear. I have lived a long life, and I can testify. God will always take care of the righteous. He will always find a way. So why don’t you leave the worrying to God. Just like the King did to the doctors, and the Police. Live your life like the King. Leave the worrying to God, and trust he has it all under control. In the meantime, we can live and enjoy our life, resting and believing in him. 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar