onsdag 2. januar 2019

Lift up your heads

Luk 21:28  And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.


Since I was a little boy, growing up in the church, I have heard preaching about the coming of the Lord. I still believe like never before that Jesus is coming back very soon. The signs are all around us. Matt 24, and Luk 21 is just some of the scriptures telling us about the signs of his coming. Most of the signs are negative like wars, earthquakes, false religions, a great falling away etc. But in the midst of all this, God tells his church to look up, and lift up their heads. That means two things. Don’t be earth focused. Keep your mind on the Heavenly things. But it also means to be positive. It means to not worry. Lift up your heads, means to lift up your attitudes.
You can choose where your focus shall be, on the bad or on the good. You can either focus on what the Devil is doing, or on what God is doing. You can either focus on the falling away, or on revival. You can focus on the bad preachers and churches, or you can focus on the good preachers and churches.
As for me and my house, we will lift up our heads. We will lift them up away from all the negative reports and negative news. We will focus on the good things. Because all perfect gift comes from above. We can’t do anything about the negative signs of the end time, but we can be part of the positive signs. In the last days, sayeth the Lord, I will pour out my Spirit upon ALL flesh. THAT’S my focus.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar