tirsdag 1. januar 2019

Dont make him a promise, other than to trust in his promise

2 Sam 7:11 “…Also the Lord telleth thee that he will make thee an house.”


David had just revealed his plans about building a house and Temple for God. But God told him no. Instead God said that he would build David a house. Its like God is saying; whatever you had plans to do for me, I will do for you. You are not going to build me a house. I will build you a house. I will build the house through your son, Solomon.

New Years eve is the time for promises. Many will start to loose weight that day. Many will start to exercise. Others will make promises to be better in school, or try to be better at their jobs. It’s both good and ok to make promises to ourselves. As Christians we often have a “new years eve” experience at the altar of our church. Whenever God touches us, its like we feel we start fresh over again, and we start making promises to God. I will be a better Christian. I will read more. I will pray more. I will witness more etc. But we should be careful to make promises to God. Instead of you promising things to him, why don’t you let him make you a promise instead? He will do it for you and through you. Don’t make promises you cannot keep. He on the other hand will keep his promises. He will never leave nor forsake you. He will be your strength and he will be your wisdom.
I can hear God is saying; don’t make me a promise, but let me make you a promise. I will fight for you. I will protect you. I will provide for you. All you need to do is to trust my promises.
I will not make him any promises, other than to trust in h

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar