fredag 11. januar 2019

Gods way...

Matt 20:26 But it shall not be so among you: but whosoever will be great among you, let him be your minister;
27  And whosoever will be chief among you, let him be your servant:
28  Even as the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.

When I was a very young kid, I had an elder brother whom I always wanted to play with or only to get to be in his room. One day he acted like he wanted to play with me, and invited me into his room. He asked if I wanted to play, in which I excited responded: YES. He proposed we play slave and master. And quickly added, I go first. As his slave he commanded me to take this here, and put that there. Before I knew anything, I had cleaned up his room. When it was my turn to be the Master, he didn’t want to play anymore, and told me to leave the room.
We live in a day and time where everyone wants to lead, but no one wants to follow. Everyone wants to make decisions, but no one likes to obey. Everybody wants to be in charge, but no one likes to submit.
Jesus called us to be followers. He taught us to be servants. He showed us and taught us to be last and not first. He told us to submit an not to rebel.
I choose to follow. I choose to submit. I choose to serve. That is why I get to lead. That is why I have authority. That is why God is using me. In Gods Kingdom the way to Life is taking up your cross and die. The way to lead is to follow. The way to authority is to submit. 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar