torsdag 7. februar 2019

Always excuses!!!

Gen 3:11And he said, Who told thee that thou wast naked? Hast thou eaten of the tree, whereof I commanded thee that thou shouldest not eat?
12And the man said, The woman whom thou gavest to be with me, she gave me of the tree, and I did eat.
13And the Lord God said unto the woman, What is this that thou hast done? And the woman said, The serpent beguiled me, and I did eat.


Isn’t it funny how we always have an excuse for our sin? Adam blamed Eve, and Eve blamed the serpent. None of them were willing to confess their sin and take the blame. Adam even hinted that this was all Gods fault. He said to God: "The woman YOU gave me…."
The truth is that we have not changed since Adam. We still blame everyone else for our sin. Either it is because the way I was raised, or it is because I came into a bad environment. I was abused myself, so that is why I abuse others. I was molested myself, so now I do the same. It is really not my fault, but the ones who drove me or influenced me into this. I am not suggesting that there is no connection between our up growing and behavior, but simply that we all are responsible for our actions. Some people are more weak for certain sins than others, but we all have a choice. We still also do like Adam. We like to put some of the blame on God. We like to hint that he is also somehow to take part of the blame. You knew this would happen, and you have the power to stop it, and still you did not…. It is partly your fault too. How would the world be if we knew that God would intervene every time we would hurt other people? Where should the line go? If men knew I can do whatever I want, because it will have no consequences. If my action potentially will hurt anyone, God will intervene any way. Should God operate as some kind of life behavior insurance? The truth is that everything we do will have consequences. In this life, and the life to come. You can have all the good reasons and explanations as you want, but still you must admit and confess your sins. The only way for you to get rid o
f your sins, is not to have excuses of why you did them, but rather confess them, and ask for his forgiveness. Then, and only then can he forgive you. And not only will he forgive you, but he will also take the blame for it. He will not explain or excuse it, he will rather take the consequences upon himself.
Adam and Eve’s excuses shot them out of the garden. Only confession will bring you back in!! 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar