onsdag 6. februar 2019

Sin and Jesus is waiting at the door

 Gen4:6 So the Lord said to Cain, Why are you angry? And why has your countenance fallen?7 If you do well, will you not be accepted? And if you do not do well, sin lies at the door. And its desire is for you, but you should rule over it.

Rev 3:20 Behold,I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.


God told Cain that sin was waiting outside his door. He had still not done any crime, but sin was waiting to lead him. In Revelation we read that Jesus is waiting outside the door. He is waiting also to lead us. So outside of our door there are two options waiting for us. Option one is sin, and option two is Jesus. Who will you open up for? Who will you allow to lead you?
I once heard a story from Sunday school. The Sunday school teacher was asking her class; what is temptation? A little girl raised her hand, and answered: It is whenever the Devil comes to my door and asks if I will come out and play with him. The Sunday school teacher said it was a good answer, but continued to ask: But what do you do about temptation? Again the same girl raised her hand and said: My mother always tells me never to open up the door before I look through the peep hole to check who is outside the door. If I see it is the Devil standing there, I don’t open up.
This cute story tells a great truth. Outside of our door there are two options waiting for us. Option one is sin, and option two is Jesus. Who will you hang out with? Do not open the door for sin, but open the door for Jesus. Every day we have a choice to make. Shall I follow my flesh, or shall I follow my Spirit? One leads to sin, and the other leads to Jesus.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar