tirsdag 19. februar 2019

Bless someone today

2 Sam 9:3And the king said, Is there not yet any of the house of Saul, that I may shew the kindness of God unto him? And Ziba said unto the king, Jonathan hath yet a son, which is lame on his feet.

The story of Mephibosheth is one of the most beautiful stories in the Bible. Mephibosheth was lame on his feet, and had been it since his childhood. When he was five years old, his father Jonathan, and grandfather King Saul died in battle. When the news came to his nurse, she ran with him, and he fell and became lame. So not only did he loose his father and grandfather, the King, but he also became lame. Now he was an adult, and he was crippled, and if that was not enough, the King that now was, was a King his grandfather hated, and tried to kill. 
But King David was a man after Gods own heart, and he remembered a promise he made to Jonathan. He askes if there is not any of the house of Saul that he might show kindness to. When the answer came about Mephibosheth, he restored to him all the land of King Saul, and had him eat at his own table every day.

Have you ever asked yourself that question? Is there not anyone I can show kindness to? Who can I bless to day. I just have this desire to bless someone. I just feel I need to show kindness to somebody. Have you ever prayed in your morning prayer; God show me today if there is anyone I can show kindness to. Show me if there is anybody that I can be merciful, and loving to.
When you are filled with Gods Spirit, you are also filled with LOVE. This love feels the need to love someone, and to be kind to someone. If you have that desire, God will show you. Let this be a prayer of today: God show me who I can bless today.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar