lørdag 2. februar 2019

Is the Father abiding in you?

Gen 17:22 And he left off talking with him, and God went up from Abraham.

When the conversation was over, God left Abraham. Even though Abraham was called the friend of God, and even though Moses was so close with God that God spoke to him face to face, yet God only visited them a few times in their lives. After God had spoken, he left them, and they went back to their everyday life. David was a man after Gods own heart, but not even David had a personal encounter with God every day. Not even every year. So it was in the Old Testament. God would speak to his people in different ways, at different times. But when the message was delivered, and the job was done, the same separation between God and them was there. Sin had made that separation. But Jesus tells his disciples in John 14:16 "And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you forever"

That was the desire of the Father. That he would abide with us FOREVER. That he wouldn’t have to leave when the message was over. That’s the kind of relationship I desire with God. That he doesn’t leave after the “conversation” is over. I cannot treat him like the Spirit in the Lamp. That he can come out whenever I need him. He desires to abide with us forever. He wants us to walk in the Spirit. Stay in his presence. That’s what it means to always pray. It doesn’t mean I should talk all the time, but that I shall abide in his presence. Jesus said; abide in me, and I in you. 
I remember when I was dating my wife, it was so hard to leave her. We only lived five min apart, but it was still so hard. It always took me 30-45 min by the door before I could leave. She didt want me to go, and I didn’t want to leave. We couldn’t wait till the day we got married, and never had to depart again. That’s how the Father feels. He doesn’t want to leave, but he wants to abide forever. Don’t ask him to leave. Don’t make him leave. But abide in him, and he in you. 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar