mandag 4. februar 2019

My Lord and my God

John 20:27Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing.
28And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.


After seeing and hearing Jesus, Thomas makes two confessions. First he says to Jesus; you are my Lord. This is the first and most important confession we can make. Paul says in the letter to the Romans that if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord you shall be saved. To confess that he is Lord is more than just believing he is the Lord of the universe. It is more than believing he is Lord over all powers. It is to confess like Thomas did. You are MY Lord. I hereby give ruler ship over to you. From this moment I declare that you are My Lord. You will make the descisions in my life from now on. This is a confession modern Christians don’t like. They like to “receive” him as their personal savior, and not as Lord. They want him to save them, but not rule over them. Jesus can only be savior, if he is also our Lord. He is Lord AND savior.
The 2ndconfession Thomas makes is that Jesus is God. He is not just a 2ndperson in the Godhead, or a demigod. He is God. Everything that God is, he is. ALL the fullness of the Godhead dwells in him. Not just a part. This is also something religious people don’t like. It is ok to make him devine. It is ok to make him supernatural. But don’t say that he is God. This is what nailed him to the cross. This is the reason they picked up stones to stone him, because as they said; you declare yourself to be God. 
There are two confessions the enemy hates. One is that Jesus is Lord, and the other is that he is God. The enemy wants us to be in the drives seat of our lives, because we are easily manipulated and influenced. He cannot manipulate Jesus. That’s why I confess Jesus to be Lord of my life. He hates the confession that Jesus is God, because that makes him scared. The bible says the Devil believes that there is but One God and he trembles.
Let us make the Devil tremble. Let us make him upset. Let us confess Jesus; My Lord and my God

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar