fredag 1. februar 2019

Do you have his nature?

Gen 2:21And the Lord God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof;
22And the rib, which the Lord God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.
23And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.


This is a beautiful picture of Christ and his church. When Christ was ”at sleep” on Calvary, God took out from Christ a church. When we are born again, we receive HIS blood, and HIS Spirit. The church is called the body of Christ. Just as Adam wouldn’t join together with anything that was not his nature, so it is with Christ. That’s why we need his Spirit. That’s why we need his blood. I wonder if Jesus is searching through the churches today, just like Adam was searching for a helpmate. When he found Eve, he said, this is now bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh. Could it be that Christ says when he finds the true church: This is now blood of my blood, this is now Spirit of my Spirit. They are holy as I am holy.
Do you have his nature? Do you have his Spirit? Do you live a Holy life? Can he say about you, that you shall be called Christian, because you have been taken out of Christ, and because you have been formed into his image? You shall be called
my bride. To become the bride of Christ, we must have his nature. He will not join together with anything not having his nature. He became one of us, and took our nature upon him, so that we can become like him, and take his nature upon us.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar