onsdag 8. mai 2019

Gods power made perfect in my weakness

 2 Cor 12:9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.


 This was Gods response to Paul when he asked God to remove his thorn in the flesh. God said his grace was sufficient for him. Instead of a miracle, God offered his grace to Paul. Why would he do that? God wanted Paul to be depending on him. Depending on Gods strength, and not his own. His thorn, kept him depending on God, reminding him every day he needed God. 

Sometimes God leaves something in our lives so we are reminded we need him.

Then God goes on to say that his strength is made PERFECT in weakness. That’s why the Prophet says: Let the weak say I am STRONG. Because when I am weak in myself, I rely on GODS strength. And Gods strength is ALWAYS better than my strength. Paul brings it even to another level when he says he will GLORY in his infirmities. We like to glory in our strength. We like to glory in our abilities. We like to glory in our talent. But Paul had found the truth. He had the revelation. When I am weak. When I confess my infirmities. When I don’t have the resources in myself… THAT’S when the power and the strength of God is at its best. Its made perfect through my needs!

When I boldly confesses my weaknesses I also proclaims that whatever I am and do, its mot of myself, but my Father who does his work through me.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar