fredag 17. mai 2019

No neutral ground

 Matt 27:24When Pilate saw that he could prevail nothing, but that rather a tumult was made, he took water, and washed his hands before the multitude, saying, I am innocent of the blood of this just person: see ye to it.


 

Pilate had been warned by his wife that he shouldn’t have anything to do with this righteous man. Pilate tried to avoid that anything should happen to Jesus, but when he found out he was not able to do anything without causing a lot of trouble and consequences, he washed his hands, and told the people to do it. He said: You do it. I don’t want to be part. But by doing nothing, he had already chosen side. Pilate thought he could wash his hands, and stay neutral. But what he didn’t realize was that there is no neutral ground in the Kingdom of God. 

A lot of people have not taken any stand for or against. They want to stay neutral. They say things like: I will wait till I am dead. Then I will see if there is any God or not. Then I will find out the answers to my questions. Its not that I am against Jesus, I only choose not to take any side. I am either for or against him. I am neutral. Let the others criticize, and let the others blaspheme. I wash my hands… But there is no neutral ground in his Kingdom. Jesus said that he that is not with me is against me.

On the day of Pentecost this became very clear and evident, when Peter pointed his finger to the crowd and accused them for crucifying Jesus Christ. If you have not taken a stand FOR him, and been born again, you are on the same side as those who crucified him

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar