torsdag 9. mai 2019

What do you want me to do for you?

Luke 18:40 ”And Jesus stood, and commanded him to be brought unto him: and when he was come near, he asked him, 41saying, What wilt thou that I shall do unto thee? And he said, Lord, that I may receive my sight.”

 

I am amazed about this story. Remember that Jesus is GOD manifest in the flesh. It was the creator of the universe walking on earth. The long awaited Messiah that had come to them. Of all Jesus came to do and to accomplish you would think he had a very very busy schedule. But here, he stops everything, and gives his 100% attention to one single blind beggar. When Jesus is in front of him, he asks him: What do you want me to do for you? This very moment its only you and me. He was on his way to Jerusalem to be crucified. He was on his way to Jerusalem to be received and worshipped as the Messiah. But still he had time to stop by this one man.
Jesus ministry was not just big crusades. It was not just huge crowds and a mega ministry. He went for the one. He made it clear he cared about the individual. He called for him to be brought to him. If you listen he calls for you as well. If you receive his invitation, he will stop everything else and give you 100% attention. He will ask you: What do you want me to do for you. I have time to listen to YOUR needs. I have time to listen to your problems. 
Why would Jesus even ask him? Wasn’t it obvious what he needed? Still he wanted him to say it. He wanted him to confess it. Jesus knows already what we need. But we still have to pray. We still have to ask. Answer Jesus question today. ASK and you shall receive. Seek and you shall find. Knock, and it shall be opened up to you.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar