lørdag 17. november 2018

I am going through, not settling down

4Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me


Even though Psalm 23 is a Psalm that describes the life of someone being led by God, and following his direction, we find here that he is in the valley of the shadow of death. Surely God didn’t lead him there? How could he end up in this valley, when he was following the voice of his Sheppard? The truth is that we are not excused from this valley. Where the dark shadows of death is hanging over us. We all go through valleys in our life. But the two key words here are through and with. I am not alone in this valley. Someone is with me and leading me. And I am NOT settling down here. I am going THROUGH. Too many people settle down in the valley. They end up settling down, and feed their grief, or pain for the rest of their life.
If you are in a valley right now, then, say to yourself; I am not here to stay. I am only going THROUGH. If I listen to the one that are with me, he will lead me out of it. I am coming out. Paul said it this way to the Corinthian church. Our light afflictions, which is but for a moment…  They are not permanent. This too shall pass. 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar