torsdag 1. november 2018

What entertains you?

Psalm 101:3I will set no wicked thing before mine eyes: I hate the work of them that turn aside; it shall not cleave to me.

In my teens, I belonged to a church, where the youth often would rent a movie, and watch together for fellowship. Just as often my conscious would make me feel bad, and I prayed for direction about this. My prayer was simply for God to show me what I could watch and what not to watch. His gentle answer to me was as shocking and devastating to me as it could be, and explained why I felt so bad. He said; “Can you be entertained by the things I had to suffer and die for? Can you eat chips, drink coke, and laugh about the very things I went to Calvary for?” 
Lord, help me to hate what you hate, and Love what you love. Protect mine heart from evil things Lord.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar