fredag 25. mai 2018

Are you struggling in vain ?

Psalm 127:1Unless the Lord builds the house,
They labor in vain who build it;
Unless the Lord guards the city,
The watchman stays awake in vain.
2It is vain for you to rise up early,
To sit up late,
To eat the bread of sorrows;

For so He gives His beloved sleep.

Have you ever done things in vain? Yesterday I painted my terrace. After finishing the job, I read on the paint box. It says, make sure it will not rain the first 24 hour after painting. I check the weather, and sure enough, rain was expected a few hours after. I heard the rain pouring down last night, knowing I had worked in vain. 

Jesus came to Peter and told him to launch out to the deep, and Peters response was, Master, we have toiled all night, and caught nothing. In other words we worked all night long in vain. But when he did it on Jesus words, it was not in vain. If the Lord builds the house, it is not in vain. Come to me, Jesus said, all who are weary and heavy laden. Come, all who have toiled all night. Let me take over, and I will make sure the work will not be in vain.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar