fredag 18. mai 2018

God never gives up

Luk 13:6He spake also this parable; A certain man had a fig tree planted in his vineyard; and he came and sought fruit thereon, and found none.
7 Then said he unto the dresser of his vineyard, Behold, these three years I come seeking fruit on this fig tree, and find none: cut it down; why cumbereth it the ground?
8 And he answering said unto him, Lord, let it alone this year also, till I shall dig about it, and dung it:
9 And if it bear fruit, well: and if not, then after that thou shalt cut it down.

God wants fruit. Thats why he made the fig tree. To bear fruit. We also are made to bear fruit. The Bible says we are created unto good works in Christ Jesus.
But even though God wants fruit, he is not just demanding it. He does everything in his power to help us bear fruit. He NEVER gives us up.
Just like the women taken in adultery. While everyone was ready to throw stones, he said: I forgive you.  Go away and try one more time.

Peter asked, how many times should I forgive? Seven times? No, seventy times seven, was Jesus reply. That means if some one lies about you, or steals from you, or cheats on you, you should forgive them 490 times. That should let us know, he never gives us up. If you still have no fruit in your life, hear the words of Jesus. Try again, and this time I will dung around you, I will help you. I am on your side. And I will never never give up on you.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar