fredag 4. mai 2018

Comfort one another with these words

1 Tess 4:15For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.
16For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
17Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
18Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

Jesus is coming back soon. I have heard it since I was a child. And I believe it just as strong today. I remember when I grew up; how I was sometimes afraid Jesus would come back. Why? Because I felt I was not ready. I always made a point to ask for forgiveness for everything I had done before I went to sleep. Just in case he would come back while I was sleeping.
The promise of the coming of the Lord should not be to scare us. But rather to comfort us.  Paul said, comfort one another with these words….

If the coming of the Lord is not comforting for you, maybe you need to check your spiritual temperature.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar