torsdag 8. mars 2018

A powerful prayer life

JOHN 15:7 If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.

There are two keys here. Two keys to have a powerful prayer life. The kind of prayer life that will always bring results.
1: If you abide in me.
That means we don’t go in and out of his presence. We don’t just “visit” him in our prayer in the morning, and gives him a visit on Sunday. We stay in his presence. We walk in the Spirit. We abide in him. We stay there. We don’t just “hang up” the line when we are done praying. To abide in him is to pray always. That doesn’t mean you say words all the time, but you keep the line open. You are in the Spirit.
2: My words abide in you. That means we pray according to his word. Or according to his will. Jesus said, not my will be done, but your will be done. We have to seek to always pray according to his will and to his word. Psalm 1:2 says about the blessed man: "But his delight is in the law of the Lord; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. "
Jeremiah says: "Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by thy name, O Lord God of hosts"

Walk in the Spirit, and eat his word. Then you will have a powerful prayer life.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar