fredag 16. mars 2018

What are you interested in? The Gifts or the Giver?

Matt 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Obviously, these people had gifts of healing. Gifts of miracles. They had great faith. These were probably famous Christians. The kind you see on TV and Youtube. Its hard to stay anonyms when you do MANY wonderful works. Yet, they were not so famous with the Lord. As a matter of fact: He didn’t know them. He told them to depart from him, and even calls them workers of iniquity…..
The dilemma of a rich person is this: Do they love me or my money? Are they real friends? Does she really love me? Or are they only after my money?

I wonder if that’s what Jesus feels here? These people was only after the gifts. But had no interest in the Giver. They were only interested in what God could DO, and not in who he was. More than the gifts, I want to know the Giver. Do you know him? Are you in a relationship with him. Have you told him, even if I don’t receive anything from you, I still love you. Because of who you are, and not what you give. 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar