torsdag 15. mars 2018

Where is the sacrifice?

Gen7 But Isaac spoke to Abraham his father and said, My father! And he said, Here I am, my son. Then he said, Look, the fire and the wood, but where is the lamb for a burnt offering?

Everything else was there, except the sacrifice. And Isaac was confused. He asked: Where is the sacrifice?
I wonder if God is confused in the same way today, looking at modern Christianity. Here is the music, here is the preaching, but where is the sacrifice? Here is the Bible, and here are the prayers, but where is the sacrifice? Here are the tithes, and here is the “offering” but where is the sacrifice?
We live in a day and time where people want to have religion with no sacrifice. They want blessings, and they want heaven, but they don’t want to pay a price. Instead of offerings they bring demanding’s. Instead of asking like the first church: What shall we do? They ask what can God do? What can he do for me?
Jesus taught us the way. He came to give. He came to serve. He came to die. Let us take up our cross as he told us. Lets bring the cross into all we do. I want to sing a song when I don’t feel it. I want to worship when everything goes bad. That’s singing with a sacrifice. I want to give my tithe when I cant afford it. Give to Gods cause when I really don’t have the money. That’s giving with a sacrifice. I want to pray, when everything in me pulls another direction. That’s praying with a sacrifice. I want to do Gods will, when my own will says the opposite.

Where is your cross? Where is your sacrifice?

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar