lørdag 31. mars 2018

The Joy of the Lord is my strength

Nehemiah 8:10 Then he said to them, “Go your way, eat the fat, drink the sweet, tand send portions to those for whom nothing is prepared; for this day is holy to our Lord. Do not sorrow, for the joy of the Lord is your strength.”

I had just started a new job, and one of my colleges finds out that I am a preacher, and a Christian. He make this remark: Gøran, of all the people at this work, you ware the LAST person I believed was a Christian. I was shocked and ashamed about that statement, and replied: Why is that? He said, because you are always happy! You make everyone around you feel good. I thought Christians were suppose to be frowning and grouchy.
One of my favorite statements of Jeff Arnold is: If you really have the Joy that you claim you have, why don’t you tell your face?

Joy is our strength. Joy is our weapon against the enemy. But it is not our joy. It is a supernatural joy. It’s the Joy of the LORD. The joy comes from him. As long as I stay in him, I have Joy. And this Joy is my weapon against the enemy.


Have a joyful day.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar