fredag 9. mars 2018

Be there when it happens

John 5:2Now there is at Jerusalem by the sheep market a pool, which is called in the Hebrew tongue Bethesda, having five porches.
3In these lay a great multitude of impotent folk, of blind, halt, withered, waiting for the moving of the water.
4For an angel went down at a certain season into the pool, and troubled the water: whosoever then first after the troubling of the water stepped in was made whole of whatsoever disease he had.
5And a certain man was there, which had an infirmity thirty and eight years.


We know the story how this man was healed by Jesus. But I thought today of the fact that he had been here for 38 years. Waiting for his moment. Waiting for his healing. Waiting for the angel to arrive. How many parties had he missed? How many family gatherings? How many times had he been invited to something fun or enjoyable, but his excuse was all the time: I have to stay at the pool. Because I never know when the angel will come. He might come when I am gone, and then I miss my opportunity.
For this faithfulness he was there when Jesus came along. He was there when healing came to the house.
SAS had a slogan years ago: “Be there when it happens” In other words, we will get you there in time, so you don’t miss the important moment. No need to come at all if you miss what you came for. We know that one day Jesus will come back, and some will go and some will be left behind. I want to be there when that happens. I want to be ready. I may miss out on some fun, but you see, I don’t know when he comes. I need to be ready. I cant miss that moment.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar