mandag 5. mars 2018

The Lord is my Shepard


Psalm 23:1The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
2He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.

How many times haven’t I heard Christians read this psalm, and claim its promises. I shall not want. He leads me to the still waters.
Even if I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me.
You prepare a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: you anoint my head with oil; my cup runs over.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.
Oh, yes, it is all great promises. But many seems to forget the first sentence. The Lord is my Shepard……
The reason why David could claim all this great promises. The reason why he was so blessed, and so protected, was because the Lord was his Shepard. The Lord led him. The Lord told him where to go, and where not to go. What to do, and what not to do.
Is the Lord your Shepard, or are you not willing to be lead?

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar