tirsdag 27. mars 2018

EBEN-EZER

1 Sam 7:12Then Samuel took a stone and set it up between Mizpah and Shen. He named it Ebenezer, saying, “Thus far the Lord has helped us.

I remember when I built my own house. Even though I had worked in construction many years, I had never built houses yet. So in this process there was many new things to learn, and do. I had to force myself to focus on one thing at a time, not to be overwhelmed. When I worked on the foundation, I had to make that all my focus. I did not worry about the walls, or how I was going to make the roof. But each step of the process, I took time when I had finished it to enjoy that accomplishment.
When God created the earth, he stopped after each day and said: Its good. He hadn’t finished his creation yet, but took time to rejoice over that days accomplishment.
Samuel knew the battles and challenges of Israel was not over. But he took time to stop, make a memorial and say: SO FAR… Until today…  God has been with us, and helped us.

It is important to stop and rejoice over partial victories in our life’s. I may not know how to pay my bills tomorrow, but so far God has always helped me. I have never lacked anything. I may face trials and oppositions next week, but until today, God has always brought me out. Although we never look back on our failures, we do look back on Gods provision, Gods miracles in our lives, and Gods protections in trials. Lets us take a moment today and reflect over this: EBEN EZER

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar