mandag 26. mars 2018

Who is Jesus to you?

Matt 16:13When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am?
14And they said, Some say that thou art John the Baptist: some, Elias; and others, Jeremiah, or one of the prophets.
15He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?
16And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.

There are many opinions even today on who Jesus is. And even though many good answers and theological views could be explained, the question is still today: But YOU, who do YOU say that I am. Who is Jesus to you? Do you know who he is? Not just theology. But who is he to you?
Jesus is interested in knowing what YOU think. What you believe. Jesus said to Peter, flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but my heavenly father…..

I remember when I was 16 years old, I was attending a church where the debate came up: Is God three or One? Confused by this debate I prayed a simple prayer: God, are you one or are you three? A few days prior to this prayer, I had put some stickers inside my Bible saying things like: God is Love, Christ is the Answer. Jesus is the Way, etc etc. I put them on top of one another, cutting sentences and making up a whole new sentence.  Not on purpose, and I dint read it until this day. I had just prayed, God, are you one or three? I opened up my Bible and read from my stickers: Jesus is God. God is Jesus. Christ is the Answer. From that moment I knew there was only One God, and that he had revealed himself in Jesus Christ.


Who is Jesus to you? Has he revealed himself to you in a personal way?

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar