onsdag 14. mars 2018

Carpe Diem

Psalm 118:24This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

Carpe Diem. It is a Latin sentence taken from a poem written by Horatius. Is means: Seize the day. In other words, seize the moments you are in right now. Instead of always looking forward to something coming, enjoy the moment you are in. I remember older people would tell me this when I was younger. But I had so much to look forward to. When I was 15, I couldn’t wait to be 16. Then I could buy a moped, and drive my own motorcycle. When having a motorcycle, I was looking forward to have a car. Having a car, I looked forward to have a wife, and family. When my first daughter was born, I looked forward to see her walking. After taking her first steps, I was eager to hear her talking. Then After that it was first day at school, etc etc etc.
As I have grown older, and start looking back, I realize more and more what the older people tried to tell me. Those moments…. those precious moments of the past. The precious moments when I played with my children. I wish I realized how precious they were. That it was days God had blessed. He had blessed them for me to enjoy them.
Today, I have learned to appreciate small things. Like a beautiful day with sunshine. Small moments of laughter and fun around the table at home. I try to enjoy every day. There’s a blessing in every day, if we look for it. Instead of looking forward into days ahead, I try to look for the blessing of THIS day.

He didn’t bless tomorrow. He blessed today. He blessed right now. If you look around and pay attention, you will find the blessing of this day.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar