tirsdag 20. februar 2018

Get rid of Lot

Gen 13:8And Abram said unto Lot, Let there be no strife, I pray thee, between me and thee, and between my herdmen and thy herdmen; for we be brethren.
9Is not the whole land before thee? Separate thyself, I pray thee, from me: if thou wilt take the left hand, then I will go to the right; or if thou depart to the right hand, then I will go to the left.

In this story we know Lot pitched his tent close to Sodom, and Abraham drew near unto God. Where and how do you want to live your Christian life? As close to the world as possible, just like Lot? Or as close to God as possible, just like Abraham?
Abraham said to Lot, separate yourself from me, because we are pulling in two different directions. I want to come closer to God, while you want to get closer to the world.
We need to separate ourselves from all and everyone that are pulling us away from God.

2 Cor 6:17Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,
18And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar