torsdag 8. februar 2018

Lets reason together


Is 1:18Come now, and let us reason together, saith the Lord: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.

Come, and let us sit down, and reason together. The invitation sounds scary. Because any human reasoning results in a verdict that says guilty!!! But then he adds: While reasoning with me, I will make your sins as white as snow, and I will make them into wool.
When we have failed. When we have sinned, we are afraid to come to Jesus. We already have condemned ourselves. And the accuser of the brethren have accused us. We don’t want to come to God and get it confirmed. But God says, if you come, and sit down with me, and reason with me, I will make it as it never happened.
When I was a young boy, me and some friends stole money from a fundraising container in school. But after feeling guilty, I regretted, and went home to the principal and confessed it all. He told me that he would call my parents and talk to them. That day, was the longest walk home ever. I did NOT wanted to face mum and dad. I did not want to go home. When I opened the door, my mother came running out, lifted me up, hugged me and said she was so proud of me. The principal had instructed her not to give punishment, but to hug me. Since I confessed, and made up for me.
God is also like that. Heb 4:16 says, we can come boldly into the throne of grace, in the time of need. When do I need grace? When I have failed. That is when God says, Come boldly. Don’t fear. Confess your sins to me, and I will wash it away like it never happened.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar