søndag 4. februar 2018

The I Generation

Is 41:6They helped every one his neighbour; and every one said to his brother, Be of good courage.
7So the carpenter encouraged the goldsmith, and he that smootheth with the hammer him that smote the anvil, saying, It is ready for the sodering: and he fastened it with nails, that it should not be moved.

1 Cor 10:24Let no man seek his own, but every man another's wealth.

Rom 12:10Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honour preferring one another;

We live in the I-generation. Iphone, Ipad, Imac. I, I and I. Selfishness, and self centered attitudes with minimum of empathy for others. Look at me. See what I can do. Look how great I am. Facebook could be called the “Ibook”. Its all about impressing others of how great we are. How beautiful we have decorated our homes. How awesome we look. Both bodies, and clothing. How well we can cook. How well we can sing or play. In this all consuming selfishness, there are little place for others. Albert Åberg, a famous Swedish children book character said it like this: Everyone else is thinking of themselves. It is only me that am thinking of me…. That pretty much sums it all up J


In the Kingdom of God it is the opposite. We should always put others first. Lift up others. Instead of seeking our own, we should seek the best for others. Jesus said, those who want to be the greatest: Be a servant. So lets make a difference in this “Igeneration”

2 kommentarer:

  1. Amen. Encouraging and important. Thank you.

    SvarSlett
    Svar
    1. Thank you Br Arthur. You are one of those important uplifters.
      Keep it up. The church needs a lot of you.

      Slett