lørdag 23. mars 2019

A silent carrier

Rev 3:17 Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:


You think you are rich. You think you have need of nothing. But you are unaware of your situation. You are unaware that you are wretched, miserable, poor, blind and naked. Because you cant see it. It is a spiritual state God is talking about.

Today, in these Corona virus times, a lot of people are carrying the virus without knowing it. We call them silent carriers. They are unaware that they carry a possible deadly virus in them. The problem is that there is not enough test equipment available for all. So they cant check if they have it or not, but have to wait for the symptoms to show. Even then a lot of them can’t test themselves. In Norway you can test yourself only when it gets really serious, or if you are already in the danger category.
For the Spiritual disease God is talking about here, there is a way to test your self. The Psalmist says it like this: “Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts:And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.”
Have you prayed that honest prayer today? It may be that God show you that your situation is not like you hoped for. Don’t wait until its too late. Don’t make the same mistake as those in Matt 7:22-23. They came to the door and called him Lord, but he said depart for me. I have never known you. They was unaware that they were not saved. They were unaware that he did not know them.
Don’t be a silent carrier. Ask him to check you heart today. He goes on and say: 
Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.” Have you done his will? Have you obeyed him? Have you repented? Have you been baptized in his name? Have you recieved the gift of the Holy Ghost? 



Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar