lørdag 2. mars 2019

Manasseh and Ephraim

Gen 41:51And Joseph called the name of the firstborn Manasseh: For God, said he, hath made me forget all my toil, and all my father's house.
52And the name of the second called he Ephraim: For God hath caused me to be fruitful in the land of my affliction.


After all the pain, disappointment and hurt Joseph went through in his life, you would think he was driven by revenge. You would think that the motivation for enduring all the pain he went through was that one day, he would be in the position of getting back to his brothers for betraying him, and selling him as a slave. After the lies of Potiphar’s wife, that sent him to jail for rape, you would say it is only natural to be angry and bitter. Even after the butler failed to keep his promise of remembering Joseph, after he had interpreted his dream, Joseph was not having thoughts of revenge. On the contrary, when God elevated him to be the most powerful man under Pharaoh, and he was blessed to have a son, he called him MANASSEH. His name means to forget. Joseph said that God has made me to FORGET all my toil. You see, the Devil want you to remember. But God want you to forget. The very next son he got, he named him Ephraim. His name means fruitful. Jospeh said: “God hath caused me to be fruitful in the land of my affliction”
Here is what we learn. As long as we hold on to our pain, and refuse to let go of the hurt and disappointment people have caused us, we are missing our blessing. Ephraim means the blessing and fruit that comes out of a trial and difficult situation. But in order to get that blessing, you must first get Manasseh. You must let go, and forget. Then, you can enjoy Ephraim. It is the fruit that comes out of affliction. 
I am sure when Jesus gave birth to the church he said: It has made me forget all the pain of Calvary, and all the pain of my brethren rejecting me. 

If you are hurting right now because of what others have done to you, let me encourage you. There is a blessing waiting. But first, you must give birth to Manasseh. Let God help you to let go and to forget.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar