tirsdag 19. mars 2019

Are you addicted to his presence?

Ex 33:11And the Lord spake unto Moses face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend. And he turned again into the camp: but his servant Joshua, the son of Nun, a young man, departed not out of the tabernacle.


Joshua was addicted to the Presence of God. He had seen and felt the powerful transforming presence of the Almighty, and he did not want to leave it. It was the same kind of presence that Peter, John and James experienced on the mountain of transfiguration. Peter suggested that they should build three houses there. He did not want to go down from that mountain. It was the same kind of presence that caused David to write in Psalm 27 “One thing have I desired of the Lord, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the Lord, and to enquire in his temple….”
I have also been in his presence and felt his love, peace and joy so overwhelming, to the point that I didn’t want to leave ever again. I can understand the feeling of John the revelator when he wrote, come Lord Jesus. Come quickly.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar