fredag 22. mars 2019

Hunger for the ball

Is 6:8Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me
Hunger for the ball
  
When God asked the question, whom shall I send, and who will go, the answer from the Prophet was: I WILL. Send me.
No questions like: What exactly is the mission? Is it far away? How long will it take? Does it involve finances? Will it make me look good? Is it within the frame of my ministry? No, he responded to a calling. No matter the cost, time or sacrifice, I am hungry to be used of God.

Pep Lijnerds, the leader of Liverpool Football clubs Youth Academy said this about the kids in the academy. We want to see a hunger for the ball. In other words, we are looking for players that shows an intense hunger to either take the ball from the opponent, or position him self so his team can pass him the ball. Because that kind of hunger will develop the player to always get better.

Are you hungry to be used of God? Are you willing to do whatever it takes? Or do you have the attitude that if God wants to use me, let him tell it to me. Let him come to me. God has already called us. The calling has gone out just like in the days of the Prophet. The ball is on our side now. What shall we do about it? I will take the ball, and say: HERE I AM. SEND ME. 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar