tirsdag 26. mars 2019

I lift up my eyes to the hills...

Psalm 121:1 I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. 2My help cometh from the Lord, which made heaven and earth.


When I read this Psalm in English, I am a bit puzzled. It seems to read that the Psalmist is lifting up his eyes to the hills, where his help is coming from. But that cant be right, since he in the very next verse makes it clear that his help is not coming from the hills, but rather from the Lord, the creator of heaven and earth. It may be that I don’t understand this old English, but in the Norwegian version it all become clearer. Here it says: I lift up my eyes to the mountains, where is my help is going to come from? In other words, when I look in front of me, and all I see is mountains. All I see is problems. All I can see is a mountain of difficulties, a mountain of fear, or a mountain of obstacles. I ask myself, where shall my help come from? Then the answer come as quick as the question. “My help cometh from the Lord, the creator of heaven and earth…” 
I will declare today that when there is a mountain of financial problems in front of me, my help is not coming from my bank account. My help is not coming from any social security. My help is not coming from the stock market.  When there is a mountain of sickness in front of me, my help is not coming from doctors or medicine. (Even though I believe in taking it and listen to my doctor) When there is a mountain of uncertainty and questions in front of me, my help is not coming from google. When the mountains come in my way, I turn to the way maker. He will speak to my mountain, and say be though removed. He is the creator of heaven and earth. He has all power, and there is no problems too big or too small for him. HE may not remove my mountain, but ask me to climb it. Then he will give me the strength to climb it or be my guide me around it. What a help we have!!!

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar