fredag 1. mars 2019

Examine my Heart Oh Great Physician

Jer 17:9The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?
10I the Lord search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings.

Psalm 139:23Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts:
24And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.




My father passed away by a heart attack at only 53 years old. His father also passed away very early from a heart attack. Because of that, I need to be careful with my diet, and be good at exercise. I also need to regularly see a doctor to check my hearts condition. I am not too good in doing that. I guess I am just like many other men afraid to see the doctor. Why are we so afraid of seeing the doctor? 
1.  Too proud to admit anything is wrong with us
2.  Fear of what they may find.
It is the same spiritually. We need to regularly check our hearts condition. The prophet tells us that God is the one who can try the hearts. He is the Great physician. Don’t be too proud to have him check you. But say as David: Search me oh God, and know my heart. Try me and know my thoughts. Look for any wickedness in me. 

You may be afraid of what he may find, but know this. When he finds something, he is not telling you there are no hope. He is not giving us the “death sentence.” He also has a remedy. He also has a cure. The worst thing we can do is to pretend all is ok. Wickedness is like cancer. Untreated it will destroy us. Not only will it destroy us, but also those around us.
The only way to have it cured is to admit the wickedness is there, and to confess our sins. Then his blood will cleanse us and make our spiritual hearts good and healthy. 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar